Welcome to the world of mobile marketing:
Mobile marketing is a form of digital marketing that uses mobile devices. It includes promotional messages which appear on the mobile devices of the user. The marketer interacts with its target audiences through his mobile devices. You can reach users in various ecosystems.
Mobile marketing is a multi-channel digital marketing strategy. It helps the brand reach its target audiences through smartphones, tablets, SMS, MMS, and other apps. Mobile marketing has helped marketers create omnichannel engagement. It helps drive brand value and demand for your products and services. Today, there are more mobile devices than people. With good mobile marketing strategies, you can focus on creating a seamless experience for your users.
Benefits of mobile marketing:
- Cost-effective and accessible.
- Gives access to game marketing, email marketing, push notifications, and many more.
- Improves search engine rankings.
- provides a personalized experience to the user.
- Facilitates geo-targeting marketing and global audience reach and helps in segmenting audiences.
- Provides easy traceable results.
- Has huge viral potential.
- Is the most effective way to reach target audiences.
Mobile marketing strategies:
- Create a business goal- Determine your business goals and create a marketing strategy. Understand your audience well. Build a marketing automation toolkit. Set your mobile marketing goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) across all channels.
- Know your audience- Buyer personas are the essential marketing tools for startups & businesses. They can help you to understand your customers. They are fictional representations of your customers. This will assist in creating a relevant business profile. Use A/B testing and different mobile habits of customers to create a relevant app.
- Websites optimized for mobile- Websites should be well optimized for mobile devices and hosted at good web hosting companies to rank higher on SERPs. Your business should have a mobile responsive website. With a responsive design, the user can get access to the desktop versions over his mobile device. This will improve the user experience, making reading and navigation easy.
- Mobile built-in apps- Businesses use their mobile apps for advertising their brand. Such apps offer various marketing opportunities to the customer. Customers find mobile apps more convenient to shop from. They can find discount offers and promotional codes over their apps. You can also provide push notifications through which you can reach your target audience immediately. To develop your own well-customized business app and see your business reach sky high.
- Research mobile metrics- Tools like Google Analytics will help you analyze the mobile usage of your website. See how your mobile content engages your target audience. The conversion data will give you an insight into your landing pages. You may need to optimize the landing pages of your website for better mobile browsing. The dashboard tools will give you an insight into the quality and quantity of your mobile traffic.
- Mobile optimized emails- Optimise your emails for mobile users. People prefer to open emails over their smartphones anywhere and anytime. So mobile-first design is essential for a business app. Try to make the navigation journey of your emails exciting and smooth for the customers. Use short paragraphs with proper text size.
- Social media marketing- It includes organic and paid to advertise. It offers great marketing content to the user while they navigate through their favorite channel. Choose the social media channel relevant to your business. Make sure that the posts are mobile-friendly and engaging. You can place ads on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and others.
- Mobile marketing based on location- People carry their mobile devices everywhere they go. So use this data to create your mobile marketing ad campaigns. You can reach your customers based on their geographical location. Local businesses can set up their mobile ads to only appear within a few radii of their locations.
- Search marketing- People love searching for different things over the internet. If your business app can allow a search option to the user, then your app can grow faster. Such searches are quite different from desktop searches. Mobile searches pay more attention to the top search results. So try to make yourself reach over the top results, you can invest some amount in search engine ads. A good SEO will also help you reach the top of SERPs. Mobile-friendliness is an attribute of a good SEO.
- Reality marketing- Augmented reality technology has become a popular marketing strategy. We come across the concept of AR which creates a virtual world for the user. AR technology is the future of marketing. You can use AR technology to create cool images and videos and share them over different social media channels. the AR technology can allow the user to try out your products in virtual reality before buying them.
- App-store optimization (ASO) for mobile marketing- ASO is also called SEO for mobile apps. ASO is a method of optimizing your app stores. It helps optimize your apps and games. It increases your app visibility and helps the website rank higher on search engines. It increases customer engagement. Ranking factors in app stores are keywords, app description, visuals, and others.
- Track your results- It’s time to launch your mobile apps and ad campaigns and track the results of the outcome. Track your KPIs and other metrics. Analyze every campaign and measure its metrics. Use the results and re-design your marketing strategies. Also, calculate your ROIs.
Examples of mobile marketing:
- Dominos- a piece of pie rewards: Dominos created the campaign to emerge as a popular brand in the market. The Piece of the Pie Rewards Programme was a successful ad campaign. It allowed customers to sign up for the rewards program. They could earn 10 points on scanning any pizza. The participants also received free pizzas from Dominos. This is a form of guerilla mobile marketing. It requires a simple AI-driven pizza scanning mobile app. It generated huge organic traffic and increased brand awareness.
- Ford- Send us a text: The automobile company created a unique ad campaign to promote their Escape and Taurus line. The user was asked to text “Ford” and send it to 63611 to know more about their car models. This CTA message act as a triggering element for the company. The brand could collect information from many customers like their names, zip codes, and others.
- Starbucks- Mobile Order and pay: The mobile app of the brand informed the user about the closest outlet. It showed the customer their menu and allowed digital payment for their order. So the customer just had to visit the cafe to collect his order. The app also included customization options, feedback, and much more.
- Levis’s: The campaign had an opt-in and geo-targeted ad. The jeans brand added a subscription strategy combined with geo-targeting the customers. The users could save some amount on their monthly bills by downloading the app. The user who downloaded the Boost Dealz app received a discount on their monthly phone bill. The ad campaign was a great success.
- Nivea Sun- The protection ad: The ad campaign distributed tearable bracelets in Brazilian magazines. The parents were asked to put the bracelet over their child’s wrist and download the Nive Protection app. The app monitored the child’s present location and rang an alarm if the child went far off. The campaign was a great success.
Mobile marketing has emerged as an essential marketing form in recent years. With advancements in technology, mobile devices have become an important part of a user’s life. Mobile marketing techniques like SMS marketing, in-game marketing, and others have gained popularity. Mobile advertising industry trends show higher use of mobile devices.
Author Name: Suraj Kr. Prakash
Suraj Kr. Prakash is a Trainer, Growth Hacker, SEO Specialist, and WordPress Website Developer…who is empowering 10000+ readers through the “Dhandho Karo” platform in various niches such as business & marketing.